Assignment 2

Home Forums VMTTC Online Discussion Forum Assignment 2

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      KennethWilliams
      Keymaster

Please post here your questions regarding Assignment 2.

Seth Kinkade
      Participant

Ken, in preparation for assignment 2 and as well as to improve my current lessons, can you suggest any resources for word problems that can be used in demonstrations and lessons? Thank you!

KennethWilliams
        Keymaster

Seth, There must be plenty of such resources available on the internet and they can be adapted to whatever topic needs them.

Shikha Dhingra
      Participant

Hi Ken

What is the date of submission of assignment 2 ? Is it 15 th or 22nd March ? Pls clarify.

Shikha Dhingra
      Participant

Thanks Ken

Savita P Kulkarni
      Participant

Hi mr. Ken,

I am thinking to cover 10 point circle, deficiency from 10, by addition and by subtraction , casting out 9, and digit sum puzzles. At this point I do not know  how long will the class/session be for my recording. Does it feel too much?  My students are going to be my 9 year old and 19 year old sons and my husband. I will need your guidance on this.

Thank you,

KennethWilliams
        Keymaster

Hi Savita,

It’s an introduction to VM so aim to impress. Squaring numbers that end in 5, multiplying numbers near a base, division by 9, adding and subtacting fractions would be good alternatives (see lesson 20).

Preeti Pathak
        Participant

Thank you, Ken. I was considering some of these topics for the assignment.

Preeti Pathak
        Participant

That’s nice Savita .Actually,  Lot of topics to choose from.

Savita P Kulkarni
      Participant

Thank you Preeti and Ken for your suggestions. Will consider these topics while prepping for the lesson plan.

Amara Deepthi
      Participant

Ken,

I have submitted the assignment on 14th march. Its still under review. Can you please let me know by when can I get the result and proceed further? Thank you.

KennethWilliams
        Keymaster

Hi Amara,

It will be at least another week before the final results are published by the Pasyanthi Team.

Amara Deepthi
        Participant

Dear Ken,

I have already submitted my assignment on 14th March. It’s already been a week. Now the order in the course material has changed. If I see the status of my assignment, it says go back to previous lesson (Not showing either awaiting approval or my assignment review is done). Can you please clarify? I am not understanding what happened to my submitted assignment?

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Amara Deepthi
        Participant

Dear Ken,

I also would like to join for the Advanced Diploma course. Can you please let me know when it will commence?

Thank you.

KennethWilliams
        Keymaster

Dear Amara,

The Advanced course starts in one week – on 29th March.

You will hear shortly regarding assignments.

Satya
      Participant

Is there a template to submit assignment-2 like we had for assignment-1 or can we just report it in our own word document?

Please excuse if this information has already been provided but I couldn’t find it hence asking here.

Thank you

KennethWilliams
        Keymaster

Hi Satya,

In the list of lessons, just before lesson 1 there is a link “VM-Download Materials”.

The template can be downloaded from there, it’s at the top of the list.

Satya
        Participant

Got it. Thank you

Shikha Dhingra
      Participant

Hi Ken

During presentation if some one ask about the minimum age of child for learning vedic maths and also the little child can get confused between the method taught at school and vedic maths , what should be the answer ? The older child can understand the two different methods of calculations easily. I think the parents concern is right. Pls clarify.

Thanks

KennethWilliams
        Keymaster

Hi Shikha,

These points were addressed. There is not really any minimum age: at the beginning the child simply enjoys having fun with numbers, the more specific methods taught in this course can be started around age 8 years. I also mentioned about Vera Stevens.

The confusion you mention was explained in lesson 9. For a young child teaching should not be by rote – if it is approached as a fun activity it will be accepted gladly. The rigid approach to teaching must go – there is no right or wrong way.

Savita P Kulkarni
      Participant

Hi Mr. Ken,

For the second assignment, are we to submit a recording of me teaching with the written report ?

Thank you,

KennethWilliams
        Keymaster

No, there is no need to send a recording Savita.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error:
Scroll to Top
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Youtube